If you’ve noticed garlands popping up everywhere, you aren’t the only one! From wood beads, greenery and macrame, to tissue paper, felt balls, and fabric, garlands of all kinds are showing up in homes. And I’m not mad about it! (In fact I’m very, very happy about it!)
If you’re not as convinced, let me make a case for garlands. They can:
- add color, texture, and pattern
- help you celebrate events (hellloooo the easiest party decor ever!)
- add an extra layer so your home feels collected
- highlight something in your home (a mantel, piece of art, or window)
- be draped, hung, wrapped, set—so versatile!
- help you bring a new material into a room
- add a feeling of whimsy and can help a space feel more care-free
Convinced? Good. Now feast your eyes.
How stunning is this macrame beauty?? Imagine this fireplace without it. This space would have far less impact and would be far less cozy.
And this colorful number definitely brings a whimsy touch to this otherwise very regal room. It also ties together the colors in the room… a great little trick when decorating with garlands!
Then there’s the giant rabbit hole of DIY garlands that you can find on the internet. I especially love this wood bead garland and this paper leaf garland.
But if you’re crunched for time, or just don’t have the patience for or interest in making your own, I’ve got you covered. There are some seriously good choices, guys! They’re affiliate links, which mean we both win, so click away! 😉